If you own a vehicle, then chances are that you may have to get your windshield replaced at some point. This is because windshields are prone to getting damaged due to their fragile nature. There are several ways that your windshield can get damaged, for instance, you may have an auto accident, or someone may break into your vehicle to steal stuff or kids may accidentally smash your windshield while playing, or a stone chip can crack the windshield
If you are looking to get your windshield replaced and would like to be more educated about your options, these tips acquired from an auto glass technician from Auto Glass Pro Mississauga will come in handy.
- There are different types of windshields, depending on the quality you want. If you want genuine windshields, go for original equipment (OE) instead of a generic aftermarket glass. If you cannot afford an OE, then go for an Original Equipment Equivalent (OEE). The major advantage of generic pieces is that they are cheap therefore, they are best for individuals who need windshield replacement but they do not have a lot of money to spend. Generic pieces can work just as well as the original ones, however their structural strength may be slightly compromised since they are not manufactured using the same high standards as the OE glass.
- It is a good idea to tip the tech person who installs your windshield for you, especially during a mobile service call. Tipping is not just a reserve for waiters and bellboys. This is because this is a delicate job and your technician takes great care, so as to get the job done well, plus it is a lot of work. The technician will appreciate your show of good will and they are more likely to want to work with you in future in case you have any problems with your windshield.
- Even though windshield installation might look so easy such that you are tempted to get it done on your own, this is not such a good idea. You may end up messing and damaging the screen if you do not know what you are doing. You may find that hiring a professional might be the better choice in the long run, as it will save you the cost of having to replace the windshield you damaged as you tried to fix it on your own.
However, if you want, you can fix the windshield on your own, but you have to do a lot of reading or first observe a professional at work. You can also get ideas about what to do by watching a number of videos.
- Know who you are dealing with before you hire them. This is the only way that you will be guaranteed of getting a good job done. Find a local community oriented repair person who has an established business, rather than dealing with someone who is working from their garage. The local business you choose should have a physical location or address. You can go and check out the garage first before engaging the services of their professionals.
- If you notice that your windshield is damaged, get it fixed as soon as you can since it is a criminal offence to drive around in a damaged windshield. This is due to the danger that a damaged windshield poses to the occupants in the car.
When exploring the vehicles on offer at a used car dealership – such as HewaswaterGarage – you should feel confident about asking questions after any vehicles that catch your eye (if any used car dealer is avoiding answering questions, it may be a sign that you should look elsewhere!).
Once you’ve got the confidence, next you’ll need to actually write down some questions that you’ll want to ask. Of course, it’ll vary massively depending on the circumstances of the vehicle in front of you, but we think that a general guide won’t hurt – you’d be surprised at how many people often forget to ask these!
Don’t be shy about service history
Always ask the dealer to see the car’s service book, complete with dealer stamps. If this isn’t available, try asking for receipts for any work that has been carried out on the car.
It’s also wise to ask about the car’s MOT certificates and mileage at the same time.
Tempted for a test drive?
Any reputable dealer will allow you to take the car of your choice for a test drive. It may bring about any faults with the car that you may not have considered likewise, lets you get a proper feel for the car, and allows you to determine if you’re 100% satisfied with it.
Be picky about the price
Don’t forget to ask if anything extra is included in the price of the car – things such as warranties, MOT, road tax…anything at all that pops into your head.
If you’re still feeling a bit stuck as to what to ask when purchasing a used car, why not try asking friends who have previously done the same, or do a quick internet search for some popular questions that you may not have thought of? Happy shopping!
Direct Access Scheme Training
Riding a motorcycle is a lot of fun, but it is also a practical means of transportation, as it is affordable, and a bike is a lot easier to steer through heavy traffic and on congested roads. However, before you take your motorbike out on the road for pleasure or perhaps to commute to and from work, you will need to take and pass the DAS Training short for (Direct Access Scheme). You will have a thorough grasps of the rules and requirements that affect you riding your bike safely and legally, once you have completed the course.
An Introduction to DAS Training
If your goal is to get your full motorcycle license with no restrictions, then DAS training is ideal for you. To take the training you will need to be aged at least 24, but an exception is made to the age requirement for riders who have held their A2 license for at least 2 years and who are on the progressive access route. You must be able to confidently and safely ride your motorbike if you don’t hold an A2 license, and you must also have participated in CBT.
You are allowed to operate both automatic and manual bikes if you take the test on a manual bike, so it pays to do that rather than use an automatic one for the test. The power output requirements of any bike used for the DAS testing is at least 595cc and not more than 40kw. You will be awarded an unrestricted motorbike license once you pass the DAS test, which allows you to carry a passenger, and ride on the motorway as well as ride any type of manual or automatic bike.
Finding the Right Training School
Because DAS training allows you to legally ride a wide variety of motorbikes, it is understandably popular among riders of all skill levels, and easy to find a school offering the training. Many London schools offer full motorcycle training, including DAS and CBT training, allowing potential riders to get their unrestricted license.
Have you ever driven a friend’s car or a rental car and felt like something was a little bit ‘off’?
There are many things you can do to a car to make it feel more like yours, most of them requiring very little effort at all!
- Get customising- it could be stickers, a steering wheel cover, or a certain kind of air freshener – there are tons of little additions you can purchase to make your new, used car feel more homely.
- Something smell fishy? You may not notice, but your car most likely has a certain smell to it, which is why getting into someone else’s car can confuse your nose slightly. If you’ve bought a perfectly fine used car for sale, but it still smells off you to, purchase the air freshener that you used in your old car. This also works if the previous owner smoked, had a pet, or wore a certain perfume, bearing in mind that certain scents can still linger slightly even after a good clean.
However, more unpleasant or more stubborn smells may be an indicator of a hidden fault with the car – such as bacteria or mould in the ventilation system- which is when you should take it to a garage.
- Colour of choice- you’ve purchased the perfect used car; everything is working correctly, it’s a pleasure to drive, and you’re not too much out of pocket. Great! Just one thing, though; the colour isn’t exactly what you like.
It may be odd, but the colour of your car does actually influence how much you enjoy driving it. If you don’t like the colour of a used car, you can always take it to a professional to get painted. It will be costly, mind.
If you’re still determined to have your car fully reflect your personality, why not take to the likes of Pinterest to find out more ways to get crafty?